The purpose of the NCPA’s Tax Analysis Center is to provide objective, empirical research on the effects of U.S. federal and state taxing and spending on the economy and to propose reforms that will measurably improve the lives of all Americans by raising the rate of economic growth, resulting in employment and income growth. Using the widely respected dynamic economic model capabilities of the Beacon Hill Institute for Public Policy at Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts. TAC will examine the existing U.S. tax system and its effects on the U.S. economy, projected spending under current federal entitlement and spending programs, and the implied tax burdens necessary to finance those programs; identify and analyze the effects of major tax and associated spending reforms before Congress, proposed by leading candidates for president in 2016, or with significant public support; and, identify and propose pro-growth tax and/or spending reforms.
- Abolishing the Corporate Income Tax Could be Good for Everyone
- Is the Tax Code Driving Taxpayers from Wisconsin?
- Benefits to the Poor of Texas Franchise Tax
Our Ideas in Action
Our Ideas in Progress
- Expand Individual Retirement Accounts
- Create Universal Roth IRAs
- Adoption of a Simple, Flat-rate Tax System
- Permanent Extensions for Capital Gains, Gift and Estate Tax Cuts
- Change Tax Law to Allow Employers to Offer Employees Individually-owned, Personal and Portable Insurance
Taxes & Small Business
- The Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Small Business
- The Marketplace Fairness Act: Tilting the Playing Field
- Why the “Rich” Can Get Rich Faster Than the “Poor”
- Liberating the Poor from Poverty
- Why Are There So Few Job Losses from Minimum Wage Hikes?
Our experts are internationally recognized and have extensive knowledge in pro-growth tax policies. Get to know our experts here.