NCPA Experts Score the American Health Reform Act: Details will be presented at a Congressional Briefing March 15
March 13, 2017
The National Center for Policy Analysis' Tax Analysis Center recently scored the economic and revenue effects of the American Health Reform Act. The results? The Act would unburden the job market and increase workers' incomes due to the repeal of Obamacare taxes, but would bring in less federal revenues.
Using the NCPA-DCGE model developed by Dr. David Tuerck and his team at the Beacon Hill Institute in Boston, he and Director of Research Paul Bachman will present detailed results and methodology at a Congressional briefing in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, March 15. Said Dr. Tuerck, "In 2009, the Council of Economic Advisers predicted that health care reform would provide a stimulus to the economy. Now we find that it is the repeal of health care reform that will provide a stimulus to the economy and with what many may find to be a surprisingly small loss in government revenue."
Among their findings:
- Health care reform would increase real gross domestic product (GDP), relative to the current baseline, by 1.34 percent in 2018 and by 1.50 percent in 2027.
- Private sector employment would exceed baseline by 745,000 jobs in 2018 and 940,000 jobs in 2018.
- It would bring about additional increases in personal income, business investment and net exports.
The briefing will also feature NCPA Senior Fellow John R. Graham, who will answer the following questions:
- What effects will recently announced administrative actions, especially the Market Stabilization Rule of February 17, have on minimizing the damage done by the ACA; and what else can be done by rule-making?
- What are the best features of the American Health Reform Act; and what needs improvement?
The press is invited to attend the briefing on Wednesday, March 15, from 12:00 -- 1:30 PM in 2103 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, D.C. Please RSVP to Brian.Williams@NCPA.org. More information can be found here: http://www.ncpa.org/events/analysis-of-the-pros-and-cons-of-the-american-health-reform-act-of-2017
Browse more articles on Health Issues