ALIEN SEX FIENDS
January 24, 2007
There are approximately 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States. This staggering statistic, rarely mentioned by the media, was revealed in a study by Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta, Georgia.
The study investigated 1,500 cases of "serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides, and child molestations committed by illegal immigrants" between January 1999 and April 2006. Of the 1,500 cases examined, illegal immigrant offenders were located in 36 states with the highest number of sexual offenders in California, Texas, Arizona, New Jersey, New York, and Florida.
- Schurman-Kauflin reports that according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) records, sex offenders comprise 2 percent of illegals apprehended.
- Using the statistics by ICE and the conservative estimate of 12 million illegal immigrants in this country, Schurman-Kauflin estimates there are approximately 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders currently residing in the United States.
- Also using the 2 percent figure, this means that 93 sex offenders and 12 serial sex offenders are illegally crossing the border into the United States every day.
Of the 1,500 sex offenders examined in this study, each sex offender averaged four victims for a total of approximately 6,000 victims over the 88-month period:
- Using these statistics, Schurman-Kauflin estimated that there were 960,000 sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants between January, 1999 and April, 2006.
- Particularly disturbing was that 22 percent of the victims of sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants had physical or mental handicaps, and all disabled victims were under the age of 18.
Although the illegal immigrant sex offenders came from various countries around the world, the highest number came from Mexico; El Salvador was the country of origin for the next highest number of illegal immigrant sex offenders.
Source: Andy Selepak, "Illegal Alien Sex Fiends," Accuracy in Media/Canada Free Press, January 22, 2007; based upon: Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants in the United States," Violent Crimes Institute, 2006.
Browse more articles on Government Issues