Reinventing Retirement Income in America
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The Importance of Retirement Income
- Determinants of Retirement Income
- The Change in Retirement Pension Plans
- The Performance of 401(k) Plans
- Explaining the Poor Investment Returns
- Other Causes of Low Returns
- The Threat of Future Liability
- Goals for an Effective Retirement System
- Building a Better Retirement System
- About the Authors
In an age when workers often have many jobs, sometimes many careers, defined contribution pension plans such as the 401(k)s allow steady accumulation of retirement funds for a comfortable retirement - but only if the accounts are invested prudently and well. The American Freedom 401(k) plan will make retirement security possible, even for participants with little or no investment knowledge.
NOTE: Nothing written here should be construed as necessarily reflecting the views of the National Center for Policy Analysis or as an attempt to aid or hinder the passage of any bill before Congress.