On Reforming Medicare
Table of Contents
- The proposal and supporting data prepared by staff are available at http://medicare.commission.gov
- See Mark E. Litow, "Defined Contributions as an Option in Medicare," September 17, 1999, Milliman & Robertson, Inc., for the National Center for Policy Analysis. http://www.ncpa.org/studies/mr020400.html
- Franklin J. Eppig and George S. Shulis, "Trends in Medicare Supplementary Insurance, 1992-96" Health Care Financing Review, Vol. 19, No. 1, Fall 1997. Another 17 percent of Medicare beneficiaries also have Medicaid coverage.
- For example, see Sandra Christensen and Judy Shinogle, "Effects of Supplemental Coverage on the Use of Services by Medicare Enrollees," Health Care Financing Review, Vol. 19, No. 1, Fall 1997.
- See Joseph P. Newhouse, Melinda Beeuwkes Buntin and John D. Chapman, "Risk Adjustment and Medicare," revised June 1999, Commonwealth Fund.
- "Building a Better Medicare for Today and Tomorrow," National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare, March 16, 1999, available on the commission's web site at http://medicare.commission.gov/medicare/bbmtt31599.html