Conference to Address Educational Choice
September 21, 1998
Compared to other leading nations, the United States continues to finish dead last when it comes to education. Some of the nation's top thinkers will gather in Washington, D.C. to discuss viable options for strengthening our schools. WHO:
The National Center for Policy Analysis & Children's Educational Opportunity of America Foundation
National Conference on School Choice "Liberating America's Children Through School Choice"
9:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, September 24, 1998
The Willard Inter-Continental Hotel
Panel discussions will include:
- The decline, fall and new found hope for America's school
- How private citizens are improving American education
- Who wins and who loses with school choice
- Legislative opportunities to break the public school monopoly
- The school choice message and the media
- Proposals for education tax relief
Panelists include Representatives Frank Riggs, John Kasich and Bob Schaffer; Journalists Bill Kristol, John Fund, Donald Lambro, Michael Barone and Mona Charen; Former Attorney General Ed Meece; Businessmen James Leininger, Dick DeVos and David Brennan; New York Philanthropist Virginia Gilder; and Talk Show Host Armstrong Williams. For a complete conference agenda contact Jil Hicks or Joan Kirby at 202/628- 6671.