James C. Thompson, Jr.
Chairman of the Board - Thompson Petroleum Corporation
- Independent Oil & Gas Producer, Ranching, Banking, Investments.
- Managing General Partner, J. Cleo Thompson & James Thompson, Jr., A Partnership, engaged in the oil and gas exploration and production business since 1953 with properties located principally in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado and Oklahoma.
- Managing General Partner, Double "T" Oil & Ranch, L.P., which owns and operates ranches in Denton, Crockett and Hood Counties, Texas as well as Conejas County, Colorado.
- President and Chairman of the Board, Thompson Petroleum Corporation, engaged in the oil and gas exploration and production business.
- Board Member, National Center for Policy Analysis, 1999 to present.
- Director, Texas Capital Bank, 1999 to present.
- Director, Texas Capital Bankshares, 2001.
- Director, NorthPark National Bank in Dallas, 1964 through 1989, serving on Loan and Discount Committee.
- Chairman of the Board and founding stockholder, Crockett National Bank, from 1983 to present.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Hatton W. Sumners Foundation since 1974. The Foundation, which is located in Dallas, Texas, currently administers over 85 full law/government scholarships at 10 universities.
- Honorary Doctor of Letters, Howard Payne University.
- Southern Methodist University Distinguished Alumnus 2000.
- Board of Trustees 1984-1988 Southern Methodist University.
- Board of Trustees 2001- Southern Methodist University Dedman Law School.
- Investment Committee 1984-1988 Southern Methodist University.
- Board of Trustees McGuire Energy Institute, Southern Methodist University.
- J. Cleo Thompson Law School Chair Southern Methodist University.
- Thompson Scholarships -- Southern Methodist University Law School.
- President's Society -- Southern Methodist University.
- Board of Trustees Howard Payne University.
- Board of Stewards -- Past Member Highland Park United Methodist Church.
- Natural Gas Committee, Roustabout Club Member Independent Petroleum Association America (IPAA).
- Hard Hatters.
- Dallas Council on World Affairs.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- SMU Letterman's Association.
- Permian Basin Petroleum Museum Board.
For more information, contact NCPA public affairs at (800) 859-1154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.