Our Commitment to Privacy
How We Collect and Use Your Information
When you call the National Center for Policy Analysis at 972-386-6272, 800-859-1154, or 202-220-3082, our staff may gather the following information from you: name, address, company affiliation, phone number, other miscellaneous information and contact preferences ("Contact Information"). They also may ask you whether you would like to receive information about the NCPA, including information about making voluntary time and monetary contributions to the NCPA. All information you provide is voluntary.
Other methods of data collection include (but are not limited to): participating in a fundraising event or an NCPA program, sending in a donation, requesting our publications, or volunteering at a local event.
In addition to information that you provide to us, we sometimes obtain additional information that is publicly available. This may include standard Contact Information, such as your name, phone number, and address. Other information depends on the activity.
Regardless of the manner in which the Contact Information is collected (except in the case of memorial contributions or contributions honoring an individual, as noted below), it is handled as follows:
We limit the use of the information you provide to us to the following:
- If you provide Contact Information, we enter your name into our database and may contact you in order to:
- Supply you with information, including information regarding NCPA related news, programs and events.
- Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to the NCPA.
- Seek completion of voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and we prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
- Aside from the above, we may disclose Contact Information we collect about you to third parties with your consent or at your direction.
- For memorial contributions or contributions honoring an individual, we ask that you provide Contact Information of the person to whom you would like a personalized acknowledgement sent. The information we collect is used to send the acknowledgement and for informing the recipient of other NCPA programs and services and for no other purposes.
If you did not provide your address or e-mail in your initial contact with a member of NCPA staff or you indicated that you did not want to receive information about the NCPA, and have recently changed your mind, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NCPA at 972-386-6272.
For details on how you may restrict the manner in which you are contacted, access to your information and data security, see the section titled "Your Rights."
We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you so we provide the following options for restricting internal and external sharing of your Contact Information:
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not share my Contact Information with other organizations.
- Do not contact me for fundraising purposes.
- Limit your contact with me to semi-annual mailings only.
- Do not contact me or share my information with anyone.
We do not share your Contact Information outside of the NCPA (except as noted in the section "Data Use") and use of this information is limited within the NCPA. For more information on how you may notify us of any desired restrictions, click on the following link: Opt Out. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date.
If you are not currently receiving information from the NCPA and would like to, please click on Opt In to indicate your preferences.
Upon request, we will provide you with the Contact Information that we maintain about you. The description will be sent via postal mail which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Further, we will respond to requests for updates or changes to your personal information. Contact us by email at email@example.com or in writing at:Security and Privacy RequestsNational Center for Policy Analysis12770 Coit Road, Suite 800Dallas, TX 75251
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. Your data is stored in password-controlled servers where our staff is located. Contact Information can only be accessed by designated NCPA employees. Our staff is educated about the importance of safeguarding your information, and are bound by a confidentiality agreement.
We welcome feedback and questions on this privacy statement. If for any reason you wish to contact us, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:Security and Privacy RequestsNational Center for Policy Analysis12770 Coit Road, Suite 800Dallas, TX 75251