Policy and Washington Update
- The Senate health bill has some good things and some not-so-good things. It largely keeps Obamacare, except the individual and employer mandates, and repeals most of Obamacare taxes; but it allows almost no additional health plan flexibility, blogs Senior Fellow Devon Herrick.
- Some states are proposing laws requiring more transparency from pharmaceutical companies about how drugs are priced, but such laws could run afoul of state and federal laws protecting trade secrets, writes Senior Fellow Thomas Hemphill.
Week of Friday, June 23, 2017
- President and CEO Jim Amos, Senior Fellow Dr. David Grantham, and Senior Fellow Dr. Devon Herrick appeared on TheBlaze TV to discuss the Trump Presidency’s handling of various issues, including, including his new foreign policy direction and latest healthcare developments.
- Senior Fellow Pamela Villarreal went on Curt Schilling’s Whatever It Takes and informed listeners about the various regulations against ride sharing companies like Uber.
- Executive Director Lt. Col. Allen West went on Brian Kilmeade’s radio show, Kilmeade & Friends, to share his thoughts on the GOP’s healthcare proposal.
- Lt. Col. West joined Fox Business Network’s program, Mornings with Maria, where he addressed the most recent terrorist attack in Brussels.
- Lt. Col. West joined Pastor Greg Young on his radio program, The Chosen Generation, to discuss the victory of Rep. Karen Handel, the first Republican woman to be elected to the U.S. Congress from Georgia.
- Lt. Col. West was interviewed by Conservative Ground to discuss what makes America great.
- In his most recent Townhall article, Lt. Col. West critiques Joy Reid’s disgusting justification for the Rep. Scalise shooting.
- Dr. Herrick joined Grant Stinchfield on NRATV to discuss North Korea murdering an American citizen, Otto Warmbier.
- Dr. Grantham appeared on Rose Tennant’s program, Rose Unplugged, and explained the problems with North Korea and other global threats.
- Dr. Grantham joined Curt Schilling on his Breitbart XM program, Whatever It Takes, and elaborated upon rising national security threats.
- Ms. Pamela Villarreal was cited by the Northern California Record in a piece on lawsuits being leveled against ride sharing companies.